• Trent Wolodko
    I was checking the backup storage sub-tab under the Manage main tab on the latest version of the software.

I noticed there were a ton of old files from a previous server on S3 for this client that were no longer needed.

I told it to delete those files and cloudberry got to work. It was taking awhile and I then I got an alert indicating the CPU/Server was getting hot and the fan was at 100%.

The cloudberry service was consuming 70-80% CPU and all sorts of I/O touching the Cbbackup.db and journal entries.

This is a production server, so I cancelled the deletion task, but after 15 minutes, things still haven't returned to normal. CPU use is down to 60%, but that's still pretty damn high.

What should I do? I don't want to kill the process and corrupt the database, but I also can't have this running at 80% CPU in the middle of the day either.

Dell R230, Windows 2012 R2 Essentials, 32GB RAM, 2x RAID1 SSD for storage.

kal8RCo.jpg
  • Matt
    What's the number of files you're trying to delete and what is the size of the repository? Since you mentioned "previous server", is this a fresh install on a new machine?
  • Trent Wolodko
    Quite a few, probably in the hundreds of thousands of files? DB size was 1.5GB. 303GB in repository. Old installation, refreshed with latest version of CBB. The files I'm attempting to delete are the files from the previous server/installation that are in the s3 bucket. Support did get back to me and suggested I delete the unecessary stuff using CB explorer or something and then resync CBB.
  • Matt
    ok, thanks for the update. That's a reasonable number of files, so please continue working with support on this in case any problems occur during the procedure.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment