• Kevin
    I had an issue last week with a backup plan backing up files I'd deselected. I created a ticket and was advised to recreate the plan from scratch, and change a couple of settings in the app.

I did this and now the new plan keeps backing up the same files, even though they haven't changed. In fact I haven't used the laptop apart from running the backup. The backup is extremely slow as well (hybrid backup to a NAS and Google Drive). It took about 3 days to backup about 3GB.
  • Matt
    I presume you're referring to ticket #65504 which we've been working on with you.

Please make sure that your current path on source mirrors the one in the cloud and network share and synchronize the repository via tools > options > repository menu.

Regarding slow upload speed: I'm afraid that's the infamous "Rate Limit Exceeded" error from Google Drive. Google throttles automatic uploads on their side due to API limitations.
  • Andrey
    Please provide ticket id.

Hybrid backup currently copies all files backed up locally to cloud destination.
    If you deselect files, previously backed up locally files should go to cloud in any case.

Newly created hybrid plan will make another backup of all files to local destination and then will move them to cloud.

We plan to redesign this in future if there are many customers requests.
  • Kevin
    I'm running the synchronise now - hopefully it will fix it.
  • Kevin
    Yes I'm aware that the newly created one will in effect start from scratch, so I was expecting that. However it was the second run of the plan that is backing up non-changed files again. I'm currently running a sync repository as advised by Matt to see if that resolves it.
  • Kevin
    I did the synchronise - I didn't realise how many hours it would take, but it made no difference. Its still backing up files each time it runs. Files that haven't changed for years. It seems to be the part where it's backing up the files on the NAS that it's repeating.
  • David Gugick
    I think this would be better handled through a support ticket. You can open one up here: https://www.cloudberrylab.com/support.aspx

Thanks.
  • Kevin
    Thanks. I've submitted it as a ticket.
  • Matt
    Just an update in case anyone else encountered the same issue.

Looks like there were some problems with repository. Synchronization helped(although it took a while to complete) and that fixed the issue.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment