• Laurent
    Hi,

I have a vault setup on AWS Glacier and with the Windows version of Cloudberry backup everything works fine. I'm planning to move to the Linux version of Cloudberry and have installed an Ubuntu 18.04 server and downloaded the trial version of Cloudberry for testing purposes.

When I try to configure my vault, using my IAM credentials, I get "access denied". The exact same operation under Windows works perfectly fine.

I wonder if this is a problem with the Linux version, the trial version, or something I do wrong.

Thanks,

Laurent
  • Matt
    There's no support for the so called "pure Glacier" in Linux version, backups are performed via lifecycle rules in S3 by enabling "archive to Glacier" option when creating a plan.

As for the "access denied" message, you need to assign "S3fullaccess" policy to your credentials on AWS side to resolve that.
  • Laurent
    Thanks Matt. I've manage to backup to S3, with "archive to Glacier" enabled, but I wonder if I need to create a Lifecycle Policy or it will be done automatically?
  • Matt
    The lifecycle will be applied automatically in this case. Lifecycle rules option exists to give you an ability to set up more granular transitions between storage classes(e.g. Infrequent access).
  • Laurent
    Very good. I guess I should see a Glacier Vault created by this policy under my list of vaults? I'm asking because so far I don't see any vault added to my Glacier storage, but it might take a day.
    Thanks Matt.
  • Matt
    That's not really how it works. As I mentioned previously, the data is moved within your S3 bucket, this type of backup does not use vaults at all.
  • Laurent
    I see, so cost wise, when I enable "archive to Glacier", AWS will move the data to Glacier automatically, and I will pay the Glacier price, and not the S3 price, which is higher. Is it correct?
  • Matt
    Yes, that's correct.
  • Laurent
    Thanks for your support Matt, very much appreciated.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment