• db ots
    The CLI now apparently supports a master password. But while it appears you can set a master password in the agent; and have it apply to the console; I have disabled "backup agent" for security reasons.

However, in the "remote deploy" settings configuration you can still "protect console with master password" but there isn't a separate CLI checkbox. I tried applying a password via remote deploy configuration, and applying the remote configuration to all computers, but none of the test commands I've tried have required the master password. I've mostly just done information queries like

cbb account -l and
    cbb showLicense

1) Do just some commands require the master password? Or is the ability to set a CLI password remotely not supported?

2) By setting and applying a master password via remote deploy like that did I break anything/everything?

There is a warning in the docs:

"With a master password reset, all other passwords used in CloudBerry Backup (for example, passwords for storage destination access), will be reset for security reasons."

But its unclear exactly what is reset and what won't break. I tried manually running a couple backup plans from the RMM and they reported success. So what is that warning applicable to exactly; and if I update the remote deployment settings with a new console password what if any breakage do i need to consider?
  • Anton Zorin
    , thanks for bringing this up.
    We’re looking into this. I’ll report back later.
    Thanks
  • Anton Zorin

Hi Dave,
    Thanks for your patience.
    I have an update on the missing feature.
    "Protect CLI with master password" via Remote Deploy is being added in version 4.7 of the Web portal.
    Thanks
  • Steve Putnam
    Will the Options Menu in the RMM Portal also include a checkbox for "Protect CLI Master PW? And do you have a rough timeframe for a rollout?
  • Ethan Sed

We are planning to implement CLI master password checkbox in both Remote Deploy and Remote Management tabs of the MSP portal. We will pass your feedback to our feature tracker as well, Steve - thank you!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment