• LeeF
    I am backing up four separate plans each night ideally between midnight and 6 AM. I suspect it will take a while to do the first full backups, after which I will start the scheduled incremental ones. The question is how to schedule these. Can I have them run concurrently (they will be backing up different shares to the same drive) or should I try to guess at how long each incremental will take and try to schedule them consecutively?
  • Anton Zorin
    , either way works.
    The easiest way is to back then all up with a single plan, in this case you can stop a plan after running for X hours not to interrupt your users.
    Thanks
  • LeeF
    Unfortunately, I'm stuck with a separate plan for each network share (4 of them on my NAS.)
  • LeeF
    If Plan A is backing up and continues to the point that Plan B is scheduled to start, will Plan B start and run concurrently with Plan A, or will Plan B wait for Plan A to finish? For that matter, what happens if Plan A is backing up (as I am doing now manually - the initial backup of almost a terabyte of information) and runs up to the point that the same plan (Plan A) is scheduled to start?
  • David Gugick
    You can chain the backups so the next plan runs when the previous one completes. See the Pre/Post Actions tab in the backup plan for details.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment