• TONY SMITH
    Hi,
    I'm using Remote Assistant to control a Windows 10 desk top PC from a remote location. Decent Internet speeds at both sites. I'm using unattended operation at the host end, with private key and using Windows password for final authentication.

The only problem I face is sessions becoming unresponsive, by which I mean although you can move the mouse around the screen, mouse clicks have no effect. I can't test keyboard because I can't click on anything to set focus for me to type anything.

It's resolved by disconnecting and reconnecting. Sometime the new session is also unresponsive even though the screen comes up looking good, sometimes I have to disconnect and reconnect a couple of times to get it working.

Sometimes the session stays working for quite some time. Other times it becomes unresponsive after only a few minutes.

Any Ideas?

Thanks, Tony S
  • TONY SMITH
    Update on this, since I upgraded the host to the latest version it seems completely reliable. I'm actually wondering if the problems started when I upgraded the client, so the versions were out of step.
  • Sergey N
    Hello Tony,

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved, we were reproducing it in our test lab and got the same results with different versions. So, yeah the official recommendation would be definitely to upgrade both sides to the latest version. Let us know if you encounter anything else. Thank you.
  • Toby
    Same issue for me. CB RA, unattended access, both host and remote are latest version.

Always connects fine, Windows login control. Initially I have normal/expected mouse usage just fine. But then subsequent logins mouse clicks do not work.

Mouse clicks do not function on remote laptop. Can see mouse, mouse hover does change icon color, but won't react to mouse clicks. When I hover mouse over the remote computer's Windows button (Start button) the Windows icon disappears. If I have remote computer re-booted it operates fine again....... for a while. :)
  • Matt
    Are you on the latest version of the software? What are the Operating Systems on both machines?
  • Toby
    Greetings! Yes both laptops are on latest CB RA
    host = Win 10 remote = Win 8.1
    Problem seems to be when remote lid is closed. Open lid and all works well but where/how laptop is stored the lid cannot remain open indefinitely. Other settings are to do nothing when lid closed and set to never sleep or hibernate. Mouse clicks do actually perform the task on remote computer but host CB RA does not see those results.

• Matt
    Well, honestly, it's not really supposed to work with the closed lid. At least for now.
  • Toby
    Sorry, been traveling for biz. Seems odd that remote accessing a laptop with a closed lid (with appropriate settings) would not work. I've done exactly that on numerous laptops with closed lids with Team Viewer without issue.

RA is accessing it with closed lid, remote mouse clicks are actually working, just not being displayed on host computer. IOW host RA shows no result from click while actual remote RA computer has done exactly what was requested (launched program).
  • Sergey N
    Hello Toby,

Thank you for describing this behavior, we will reproduce it in our test lab and see what we can do about this. Cheers!
  • Gene K
    New User. I have the same problem as stated earlier in this thread -- sessions becomes unresponsive ... although I can move the mouse around the screen on the computer I am attempting to control, mouse clicks have no effect.

Both computers have same latest RC version, and both computers are running Windows 10, build 1903. Could this be a problem caused by the recent Windows Update? Any suggested work arounds? Starting fresh sessions result in same problem.

Thanks.

Gene K
  • simrick
    New user here as well. Similar problems. Sometimes it goes unresponsive. Sometimes a disconnect/reconnect fixes it, sometimes not. Sometimes there are just certain windows which do not allow me to do anything, i.e. Admin Command Prompt, Task Manager, Device Manager. I am on W10 v1803 and experienced these issues on both a W10 v1903 and a W7 computer. All three systems had CB RA installed yesterday, so all the same version and all the current version. I also experienced continual minor scrolling on a web page in Chrome while logged into the W7 system. The page would not stay steady for me to see/read.
  • Ethan Sed

Could you please clarify if the controlled Remote Assistant client has been launched with administrator rights (right-clicking the shortcut / executable and choosing "Run as administrator")?
  • Alan Bonnici
    Hi,

To make a laptop think it is connected to a monitor when one is not connected (normally allows you to close the lid) you could use an HDMI Dummy Plug aka Headless Ghost Coinnector or Display Emulator

Hope this helps.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet