• Sean88
    Hi,

I using CloudBerry Remote Assistant in a Company environment, all user PC are link to the AD and all are standard user. The problem i face is i am unable to type the admin credentials when i remote in to help the user to install a program or run a program as administrator. i am only able to type if the remote assistant is being run as administrator which i do not want to share the credentials with the user.

Please help

Regards
  • Matt
    That's a known problem with UAC. Currently being investigated by our R&D.
  • Sean88
    Hi Matt,

Seem like the new update 2.2.0.51 solve the issue. thank for the reply.
  • Sean88
    Hi Matt,

Look like the problem is back again. on and off this problem happen
  • Sergey N
    Hello Sean,

In this case I would suggest deploying the RA with Unattended Access this will give you an ability to execute the service from Admin and won't require you to type in the credentials where your end-user can see it. You can find a step-by-step guide on how to do this here:

https://help.cloudberrylab.com/cloudberry-remote-assistant/using-remote-assistant/encryption-and-unattended-access
  • SJohn
    The UAC thing is a real problem as a user can let you on to work for a while only to have to keep calling them back for UAC dialogues. Doesn't happen with teamviewer at all so can be done. Do we knw where we're at with this issue? Above says fixed then not fixed.
  • Ethan Sed

Thank you for your feedback!

Some issues with UAC (user account control) are currently present in the Remote Assistant application and, as of the latest release (2.2.0.51), our R&D department is continuing investigation and testing regarding this.

We will, of course, keep you posted on developments. And as Sergey has mentioned above, you can use the Unattended Access feature for the time being.
  • scottkeen
    Has this been fixed yet?

We're still using TeamViewer because it shows the Administrator login when UAC is triggered. I'd like to use Cloudberry Lab Remote Assistant instead of TeamViewer, but I cannot switch until this UAC issue is fixed.
  • Sergey N
    Hello Scott,

Currently looking into the issue, as it is not really common. One question, are you using Unattended Access on the remote machine?
  • scottkeen
    No. I can't use Unattended Access. I'm an outside consultant and the client would not want unattended access. They would want the user at the workstation observing my actions.

The problem is that when I do something on the user's PC that requires Administrator access and the Windows UAC prompts for the Administrator login, I can't see it.

Only TeamViewer has been able to work with Windows UAC prompts so I can see it and enter the Administrator password. I would prefer to use Cloudberry Lab Remote Assistant instead, but have to continue to use TeamViewer for now.
  • Sean88
    Hi Sergey,
    I tried both Unattended Access and the pin. The problem i mention still come and goes.

Regards
  • scottkeen
    Any progress with this? We still cannot use Remote Assistant because of the Administrator UAC prompts and as an outside consultant I cannot have unattended access to my client's computers.

I continue to use TeamViewer because it works with UAC prompts and allows me to enter the Administrator password on the remote PC of my users.

Are you making any progress on this? Will we ever have the ability to see the UAC prompts and type in the Administrator password? It can be done, because TeamViewer is working fine with it.

I need to know what the plan is, because I'm going to have to subscribe to the TeamViewer service to get my work done for my clients, and I'd rather use this if I could.
  • Sergey N
    Hello, sure we do work on this mechanism, but this is a really complex matter, so it will definitely take a lot of time to implement.
  • Bostjan
    Hi!
    is there some known bypass or solution for this problem? via Remote Assistant i started a normal cmd, then typed "runas /user:administrator cmd" to start another cmd with admin privileges, and partly it worked, because no UAC window was triggered, i just typed an admin password within the first cmd window, and then a new admin cmd window opened. However, i couldn't type in there, nor even close it myself (the remote user could). But i could interact with other windows. could this lead closer toward solution? i guess we could disable UAC, but that's not really a safe way to help IT users.

anyway, thank you MSP360 team for this nice tool, it really helps a lot.
  • Sergey N
    Hello,

Please send us the Diagnostic Info from the Main Menu, we will require the logs from both of the machine local and remote. Thank you and don't forget to mention this forum post in the description.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment