• Brnar
    I have some questions/requests related to the Backup Reports:

1) My wife is using an external HDD, which allows her to easily transfer files from home - laptop - work.
    She mainly uses it on her laptop. I've configured CloudBerry Backup to backup this external HDD on the laptop. I've configured notifications to be sent only when the backup fails, since I do not want too much email.
    I would like to know/see the timestamp/delta from the last successful backup, and/or have a graph that shows the amount of failed files over time.

2) Instead of having an email report every time the backup job runs, I would appreciate to see the possibility to send a report every once in a while (e.g. weekly), or alternatively only when the backup status changes from success to failure. IMHO it doesn't make sense to have 10x failure notifications.

3) AFAIK, the backup reports are currently triggered whenever a backup job runs (client-side). If for some reason the backup job doesn't run (service crashed, malware, someone/something disabled it, inability to send email, other reason?), no report/notification will be sent. Is it possible to have server-side backup notifications/summarization, so that client-side issues can be detected/reported as well?

4) I have multiple computers running CloudBerry Backup. I receive notifications from multiple computers. Is it possible to combine notification messages, so that I can get a summary of all clients and backup statuses?

Kind regards,
    Brnar
  • Matt
    All of these options, except for the first one, are available in our managed backup software.
    You can receive scheduled backup reports and status notifications when your plans skipped their schedule.
  • Brnar
    Good to hear that you have a decent solution for enterprises, but are there any plans to make this functionality available to home users?
  • Matt
    Not yet, but I've filed a feature request to our developers on your behalf.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment