• Joshua
    I am currently performing daily hybrid backups. Before configuring hybrid backups, I was performing local backups only. I want to integrate the older local backup files into the hybrid structure so that I can manage them as part of the hybrid backups. All the backups are VM images.

If I copy the old local files into the hybrid local file repository, will they be uploaded as part of the backup job? Or do I need to do something different? Or is it not possible to integrate the older files into the cloud structure?
  • Matt
    If this is just a file backup it should be possible, but only if those backups were performed on at least version 6.0. You'd need to copy the files manually and synchronize the repository on the machine via tools > options > repository menu. I would still advise against doing that, because it could mess up your versioning and/or retention, not mentioning a bunch of other factors that could complicate the process.

A more safe option, in my opinion, is to restore your old backups by creating a restore plan, and the re-upload them using your new hybrid plan.
  • Joshua
    Matt, Thanks for the reply. I have pretty much resigned myself to re-uploading the files. Haven't had much luck with the copy option.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment