• mturok
    Cloudberry server backup to Amazon S3 storage is splitting a folder from a single backup into D: and D$. It's putting files into each, and there's no real rhyme nor reason that I can figure out why.

I deleted the entire D$ and re-ran the backup. It recreated the D$ and put four subfolders and a bunch of files in there. The rest of the files it correctly put into D:

Anyone know what's going on here? This isn't good if I need to find files to restore or entire sub-directories. I also can't tell easily if the uploads are working correctly.

I apologize if this is a trivial problem, but I'm not even sure what to google.

vl4y3Cm.jpg
  • IvanS

Starting from version 6.0 we changed a backup path format.
    The path "D:" in your case, contains the data that you have backed up with version 5.9 and below.
    In earlier versions, we created the path using a colon ":", and now use the dollar sign "$" instead.

So, when you delete the path "D$" and re-start the backup plan, the software just re-creates it from scratch. In case if you'd like to get rid of the old data, you should delete "D:".

However, we do not recommend to delete anything manually!
    Please contact our support team to make it correctly.
  • mturok
    Alright. Thank you for the explanation and advice, Ivan.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment