• Aniruddha
    While searching for cloud to cloud backup, I came across your product "MSP360™ (CloudBerry) Backup
    for MS Office 365".
    First of all I would like to understand if the product is still active.

If it is active, please let me know if the product can cover below mentioned requirement.
    I have a Office 365 Home subscription for 6 users. I have data in two of the onedrive accounts. I am looking for below mentioned backups:
    1. Backup data in two of the onedrive accounts to other two onedrive accounts respectively.
    2. Backup data in two of the onedrive accounts to a single AWS S3 account (mostly single bucket).
  • David Gugick
    Yes, we support O365. You can back up O365, including OneDrive, to AWS, but we don't support backing up to OneDrive as a Target since it's not designed for backup object type storage.

https://www.msp360.com/backup/apps/office-365.aspx
  • Aniruddha
    Please ignore previous reply and reply to the below mentioned comment.

Thanks for the reply.
    Can you confirm or answer below mentioned points?
    1. Multiple onedrive accounts can be backed up to AWS S3 for a single user license
    2. Are there any limits on the size of data transfer? The first transfer would be around 1.2 TB and later it would be down to just a few GBs.
    3. Does your product perform incremental backups after the first backup?
  • David Gugick

1. The only way you could use a single user license to back up multiple OneDrive accounts would be if you manually released the license from one user and assigned it to another. Not really worth the effort and not something we'd "recommend" from a licensing perspective
    2. No limits on data size
    3. Yes, backups are incremental after the initial full backup.

How many O365 users do you manage?
  • Aniruddha

As a O365 Home subscriber, I manage 6 users.
    But the data itself is distributed across three onedrive accounts - 400GB approximately per account.

I was under the impression that I can add multiple onedrive accounts for backup to S3.
  • David Gugick
    The Microsoft O365 Family Plan (formerly O365 Home) includes up to 6 people and includes 1 TB of OneDrive space per person. Is that the plan you use? If so, and you only were interested in backing up the OneDrive storage and not any other O365 data, you could use 3 licenses to back up the needed OneDrive storage on the 3 O365 accounts and ignore the other 3. If you're using a different account type, let me know and I'll provide an updated response.
  • Aniruddha
    I would like to go for 1 license. Let me know if there is any solution to combining data from different accounts at a single place. Anyways, I would like to store all the data into a single bucket.

One question as well:
    Does this product also perform backup of different versions of files in Onedrive?
  • David Gugick
    You can’t use one license to back up multiple accounts. But you can back up all accounts to a single bucket and we do version files stored in https://www.msp360.com/download/Configuration-Guide-CloudBerry-Office365-Backup.pdf
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment