• Lukas
    Good Morning,

I want to backup my Hyper-V Machines per a powershell Script because Cloudberry has its own CLI.

Now i searched through the documentatin but it seems you only can realiably create new backup plans and can't really edit already existing plans. Is this true or am I blind and cant find the right commands?
    If anybody has any experience with this I would be grateful for your support!
  • David Gugick
    Please check this page on adding and editing backup plans. Let me know if it helps. Thanks.
    https://help.msp360.com/cloudberry-backup/command-line-interface/backup-restore-plans/managing-file-backups
  • Lukas

Good Morning and Thank you for your reply.
    While I worked on my Script I only used your documentation, so yes I already tried that. Every command except of editHyperVPlan works. So if I want to add a plan, that works but editing that created plan (or also one that already existed for months) wont work with the commands from you documentation ..
  • David Gugick
    Can you post the command you are executing and I'll ask the support team to take a look. Please replace any personally identifiable information in the command with generic names if that's a concern.
  • Lukas
    Hi David!

I am really sorry to bother you with this! Today I randomly clicked into the help tap and noticed that there was an update ready for me. Seems like I didnt update for a while because after the update the EditHyperVPlan command works perfectly fine...

But before we close this here, could I use MS Powershell Scripts to show me specific machines and then only use those specific machines with the cbb commands?
  • Lukas
    Here is an Example:
    .\cbb editHyperVPlan -n testplan -v Get-VM | Where-Object { $_.Notes -like '*Test*'}
    Would that be possible?
  • Matt
    I'm afraid that won't work, we only support classic cmd.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment