• Sam
    I am trying to configure an Image Backup Job and the target drives are 4 Dell RD 1000 Tape/drives that we plan to rotate every Monday. I am also creating 2 different jobs, one a MS SQL job and one a File Backup job and those are being stored on a QNAP NAS for longer retention.
  • Julia
    @Sam Please check out the following blog about rotating drives - https://www.msp360.com/resources/blog/how-to-use-rotating-drives-strategy/
    Let me know if you have any questions.
  • leye oyelami
    any update on this?
    i have latest version at the moment (v.6.x.x.) and i am trying to configure a rotating drive scenario but no luck.
    please help!
  • Matt
    The whole functionality will be re-worked once we implement new archive and GFS features. For now please workaround mentioned in this thread. It'l work without any additional pre-action scripts.
  • leye oyelami
    hey matt, i checked the directory for the .cbb file but i didn't see anything in there. this is all i saw. (attached)
    any idea what i am missing here?
    thanks
    Attachment
    cbb (9K)
  • Matt
    Maybe the software has been installed in user mode, so the plan configuration files are located in your user folder, i.e.: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\CloudBerryLab\CloudBerry Backup

You can actually type *.cbb into your Windows search field, and that should find those config files.
  • leye oyelami
    you are right. it was under the user account. i will make that change and see how it fairs. thank you!
  • leye oyelami
    Hey Matt,

So I made the change to the .CBB file. However, the result was not ideal.
    It was taking longer to do the backups compared to me manually running a consistency check on the drives every time they are rotated.
    Now, imagine having to sync up a 5TB drive every time it gets replaced - it takes a really long time (2-3 days) to sync up.
    The consistency check I manually run takes at least 1 day and 12 hrs on average. Still a pretty long time. But usually after the consistency checks, the incremental backups will take 12-13 hours to run on average. I do a compression on the files as well - that factors in with the time.
    If there are any alternatives to having to manually do the consistency checks, that will be great to hear.

thank you!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet