• VolzInIowa
    I would like to request the ability to create bandwidth restriction overrides based on day and time of day.

Use case:
    Our backup plan is scheduled to run every 60 minutes to try to pickup new files and upload them to our cloud target. We can have some times with enough change that can fill our Internet connection so we need to restrict the upload speed. During the day 50% of our Internet connection is used for users so I would like to limit backups to max of 10%. During the night our Internet connection is almost empty so I would like to use up to 80% of the connection off hours.

Also keep in mind that this is might need to be granular on a per day basis: M-F 8am - 5pm 10Mbps then all other times 80 Mbps.

Additional features that are related: Provide options for throughput limits set per storage provider with the same time-of-day overrides as it could be possible to have different network connections for different providers. For example if a private network is used to access Azure over a 10Gbps connection, but an Internet connection is used for AWS with a 1Gbps connection.
  • David Gugick
    I've added your request to the existing feature in our system for the Linux and Mac agents. Thanks.
  • Lawrence Rubanka
    Excellent idea. I second the request!

Thanks,
    Lawrence
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention