• Carlos B
    I searched for this but didn't find anything. I just signed up for the Managed Remote Desktop Portal.
    I can't seem to figure out how to add computers to the computers section. I have both downloaded the remote desktop with the same email address and have also created one from the Downloads/Managing Installation Packages area which required no activation.
    I still do not see any computers. What am I not doing? Do I have to download the Managed Remote Desktop and then purchase licenses? I thought this was free.
    Thank you for your help in advance.
  • Sergey N
    Hello Carlos,

The product is still free to use, you can find all the configuration guides by following this link:

https://connect.mspbackups.com/AP/Help/remote-desktop/managed-remote-desktop-portal
  • Carlos B
    Response below..
  • Carlos B
    Thank you Sergey, that is exactly what I did and I still don't see any computers added to that section of the portal. Those individual links (computers, organizations, users) in that guide you sent don't work. They go to a 404 error.
  • Sergey N
    In this case you simply need to pre-configure a build, so it's name should look like this:

RDSetup_t529b988e-af8c-4f64-aa50-d8673dd93a.exe

After that, you can deploy it on the machines you wish to manage from the portal.

You can find it in this section of the Help - https://connect.mspbackups.com/AP/Help/remote-desktop/install-remote-desktop
  • Carlos B
    Thank you Sergey. That is the only way it worked!
    I had to create the script and download the exe file directly from there.
    This time the computer automatically appeared on the Managed Remote Desktop Portal.
  • Sergey N
    We also have a CMD command that allows using it with the version from our main site, you can find it in the build download window, basically the main thing is the token you see in the name of the file. It contains all the info about your configuration. Glad it helped and hope you will like our newest product. Cheers!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment