• Rick Kirch
    I have two Windows 2012 servers at two different sites. I upgraded them to 6.3.2.204(?) and then 6.3.2.213 . Both servers do hybrid backups and both servers started giving me errors when I upgraded. I thought .213 might be a fix for the errors, but it was not. The error is "2 hybrid paths were not found (code: 1617)" or 1 hybrid path not found for one of the servers. When you visit the console on the servers it says to check the consistency and I have. There are no constituency issues. I have searched, but I cannot find anything on this issue. Any help would be appreciated.
  • David Gugick
    where are you sending the local backups? Is it to a local disk or to a network share?
  • Rick Kirch
    It is to a usb attached drive.
  • David Gugick
    how is the USB drive exposed by the OS? Drive letter, mapped drive? Same drive attached to one server but accessed by both or do you move the drive?
  • Rick Kirch
    They each have their own USB drive. It is never moved, and it does have a drive letter assigned.
  • David Gugick
    When you plug in a removable disk, Windows assigns it the next available drive letter. Depending on what devices you plug in and remove over time, these automatically assigned drive letters can change. I do not know if this is the issue, but if you set the backup plan to back up to the D: drive because that's how the drive is normally exposed, and Windows assigns E: the next time the drive is plugged in, the local backup will fail. Can you verify the drive letter assigned in Windows matches what you are using in the backup plans? Also, you can assign a permanent drive letter using this method: https://www.groovypost.com/howto/assign-permanent-letter-removable-usb-drive-windows/
  • Rick Kirch
    Thank you David for your quick responses. There are no issues with the drive assignment. I have verified it. What is strange is that it appears to be working despite the error. I check the backup storage tab and drill down to the individual backups; they appear all there. As I said, I am restoring to see if it is ok, but I don't expect any issues. By the way, this was fine before those aforementioned versions where installed; so years (yes years) of no issues with respect to this. Also, it is very strange that both sites (completely independent of each other) exhibited this same behavior right after the update.
  • Rick Kirch
    Hello David, As nobody can seem to help me with this issue, can you provide a link to the version before 6.3.2.204 please.
  • NickS
    I have the same issue
  • David Gugick
    Please open a support ticket using the Tools - Diagnostic toolbar option and reference this post. Support can assist with older versions as well.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment