• rgreenwood
    I managed to get Cloudberry explorer to run on Mint Linux 20 with Wine but I can't activate it. I enter my email and click the "Start Freeware" and get an error: "Freeware request failed. Please contact us at ". The offline registration seems to be for paid products, or at least requires an activation code that the freeware version doesn't have.

Any suggestions?
  • David Gugick
    When you download, the activation code is on the download page. I would go through that process again and you should be fine. You don't need to actually download or reinstall.
  • rgreenwood
    Hello David,

Thanks for the reply, but for the life of me, I just don't the activation code on the download page. I'm downloading the freeware version from here https://www.msp360.com/download.aspx?prod=cbes3free
  • David Gugick
    Put in your email. Click Download. It’s on that page.
  • rgreenwood
    Hi David,

Thanks again for your reply but clicking download opens the dialog allowing me to save the file and then displays the page below which doesn't have an activation code. On Windows I simply activate Explorer on first use. But this fails with Linux/Wine.
    cloudberry.png
  • David Gugick
    Very odd. I am guessing you are using Firefox, which I just tried instead of Chrome, and see the issue. Can you use Chrome or Edge? Both of those browsers seem to work when I tested.

In the meantime, I'll ask the support team for a work-around and report the issue.
  • rgreenwood
    David,

Thanks for your patience with my problems. I had been using the Brave browser before trying with Firefox. Using Chrome does indeed give me a 6 digit activation code. So that's progress! But still no joy. See screen shot below (I tried a couple times with different activation codes).
    Screenshot from 2020-09-21 12-46-15.png
  • David Gugick
    Send an email to Support as instructed in the message with all the relevant information (email / activation code). Maybe it's a firewall issue.
  • rgreenwood
    David - Again, thank you for your patience with helping me work thru this. With regard to the activation code not showing, I was initially using Brave which has pretty aggressive ad blocking, then I tried Firefox where I have the "uBlock Origin" ad blocker extension. Neither showed the activation code div but when I turned uBlock off it did display. So one guess is that the activation code div is being flagged as an ad for some reason.

I have contacted again. They do remind me that I'm trying to activate the freeware version and that they don't provide support for it, and I totally understand.

And FWIW, I don't have a firewall, either on this computer or on my router. But I am trying to get it activated on Linux under Wine which is obviously not a standard set up.

Thanks
  • rgreenwood
    just suggested the offline registration and reminded me that they didn't support the freeware version. This thread <a href="https://forum.msp360.com/discussion/639/linux-version" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://forum.msp360.com/discussion/639/linux-version</a> inspired me to install Cloudberry Explorer under Linux Wine and I really though I'd gotten through the hard part but I seemed to have exhausted all options for getting it activated. I'm pretty disappointed because Cloudberry certainly is best-in-breed, but msp360 doesn't show much interest in Linux.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment