• Judson
    After upgrading a server from 2008 to 2016 and installing the new version of MSP360 Drive (from a 2016 release or Cloudberry drive) my Drive performance is terrible. I did NOT change anything on the S3 side. My drive is attached and shared via SMB to our network users. On light load the drive is accepatable but any large files or multiple small files will lock the Cloudberry service and require a restart. There are a LOT more settings availble on the new version of Drive. Any suggestions on where to start ( I may have messed up by duplicating the settings from the previous version).

Thanks for the assist!
  • Matt
    Hm, so do you currently have the latest version of the software installed on this 2016 machine? Checking out the logs would really help in performance-related cases like that, but before opening a support ticket try disabling the file cache:

- Click Drive tray icon and choose Options
    - Select a mapped drive and press Edit > Edit advanced options
    - Uncheck "Use file cache" option
    - Find the cache directory in Options > Advanced
    - Navigate to that directory with Windows Explorer and delete all its contents
  • Judson
    Disabled the cache and turned it off. I'll let it run a bit and see how it goes.
  • Judson
    The service is still hanging up. I did a few tests. Small files ~100MB don't affect it. Larger files or multiple connections with smaller (or larger) files stall the connection out. It'll run with good throughput and then slow to zero and sit there. Sometimes it will release in bursts and push through but more often it just stops, requiring a reboot of the cloudberry drive service.
  • Alex26506
    Hi Judson,
    got the same situation here with my Windows Server 2019. Did you found any solution for it?
    Regards,
    Alex
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube