• Jedijon
    How to backup files without putting files into folders with $ at the end?
  • David Gugick
    Backups are in a proprietary format and files need to be restored using the product. What is your particular use case that you need the backup folders to be in a specific format; presumably one that matches the source folders? If you browse backups using the product's Backup Storage tab, then you do not see the "$" in the actual folder names that contain them. If you need to access backed up files from other products / utilities, you may want to try using the Simple Backup mode - it has minimal options for retention, but it does leave the files / folder in backup storage in their native format (no "$" or compression / encryption).
  • Jedijon
    Where would I find "Simple Backup mode" in the web interface? I am using Ubuntu Server 20.04
  • David Gugick
    That's a Windows-only option. So back to my original question: What's your use case that the backup format is important?
  • Jedijon
    To have access to backup files without having to go into each folder to grab files
  • David Gugick
    Are you saying you need to access files from other utilities without having to restore them first with CloudBerry Backup?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment