• Lee Neville
    While attempting to test restoration of a Hyper-V image backup to Amazon EC2, I noticed the wizard doesn't present the option to place the backup to EC2.

Client installed is Online Backup VM v6.3.5.29. Modules: VM backup on 2 processor sockets; Image Based. Account is configured to write to S3. The desired Hyper-V backup is up in the S3 bucket

Is the absence of restoring a Hyper-V image based backup to EC2 in the Restoration Wizard a result of version and/or current licensing level? Please advise

Thank you

Lee
  • Lee Neville
    All comments welcomed
  • David Gugick
    Are you saying that on the Restore Wizard on the Restore Type tab, you do not see an option called "Restore to Amazon Web Services"?
  • Lee Neville
    Yes - the option doesn't appear in the Restoration Wizard at the SRestore Type step. However, I'm happy to report that a quick check of the MSPBackups console -> Global Agent Options settings revealed the "Restore to EC2/Azure VM option" was not enable for the managed account I was using. Checking this option and reloading the Online Backup VM client interface locally presented the desired Restore to EC2 option. I was then able to proceed sucessfully with restoring the hyper-v to an EC2 instance.

As usual, for me at least, it was a PEBKAC solution :) . Thanks for your help though David

Lee
  • David Gugick
    I should have thought of that. Glad you found it. Thanks for the update.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment