• Tom's Help Desk
    I am having trouble getting a server to backup. This has been going on for a couple months now and I need some help getting it to finish. The server is running Windows Server 2008 Standard and is backing up via MBS to B2. I have gotten some error messages in the past but both B2 and CB support say that it is caused by the other company.

Yesterday I was glad to see the backup at 77% as it has never gotten that far, but this morning it is now back to 22% complete. I can export the logs if needed but I was wondering if there has been a common occurrence of this reverse progress issue and if there are any solutions readily available

Thanks in advance
    Caleb
  • Matt
    If you see 4xx or 5xx(e.g. service unavailable) errors then the issue is on the storage side. B2 often have problems with their services, causing interrupted uploads.
  • Tom's Help Desk
    Just looked through the log to see if I could find those errors (As I have seen them before) but it seems that this is a different issue. I can upload the whole log if needed.

2018-03-15 21:46:36,643 [Base] [11] ERROR - Request failed, retrying in 400 msec, 3 attempts left
    System.IO.IOException
    Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
    at System.Net.Security._SslStream.StartWriting(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
    at System.Net.Security._SslStream.ProcessWrite(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
    at System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
    at System.Net.ConnectStream.InternalWrite(Boolean async, Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Net.ConnectStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
    at xa.Write(Byte[] , Int32 , Int32 )
    at xD.Write(Byte[] , Int32 , Int32 )
    at xm.A(Stream , Stream , Int32 , ICancelable )
    at uW.A(uR )
    at uW.B(uR )
    at uW.b(uR )
    at uW.C(uR )
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
    An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

2018-03-15 21:46:43,194 [Base] [4] WARN - MemoryManager: Memory allocation limit is used. Available: 14376192, Need: 100000000
    2018-03-15 21:46:43,195 [Base] [4] WARN - Allocating 100000000 bytes store on disk.
    2018-03-15 21:46:44,331 [Base] [12] ERROR - Request failed, retrying in 400 msec, 3 attempts left
    System.IO.IOException
    Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
    at System.Net.Security._SslStream.StartWriting(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
    at System.Net.Security._SslStream.ProcessWrite(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
    at System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
    at System.Net.ConnectStream.InternalWrite(Boolean async, Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Net.ConnectStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
    at xa.Write(Byte[] , Int32 , Int32 )
    at xD.Write(Byte[] , Int32 , Int32 )
    at xm.A(Stream , Stream , Int32 , ICancelable )
    at uW.A(uR )
    at uW.B(uR )
    at uW.b(uR )
    at uW.C(uR )
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
    An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

2018-03-15 21:48:09,986 [Base] [4] WARN - MemoryManager: Memory allocation limit is used. Available: 14376192, Need: 100000000
    2018-03-15 21:48:09,986 [Base] [4] WARN - Allocating 100000000 bytes store on disk.
  • Matt
    These lines only show connection problems, the root of these issues is usually in the network environment. It is better to investigate full logs via the ticket system, since everything is properly categorized there. You can send them via tools > diagnostic menu.
  • Matt
    Hi,

Seems like the ticket was created regarding that and my colleague requested additional details about the problem.

I see a lot of "service unavailable" messages from B2 and connection errors like that:
    A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 162.244.62.198:443

So this is a complex issue that is related to both the issues on B2 side and issues in your network environment.

I understand that it's been 2 months since you created a ticket but you can re-open it by simply replying to it if you require any further assistance.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment