• perez
    Hi there!

I am new to Cloudberry, I have been making copies for a few months and now I get this problem. I cannot make a copy of a particular day. Please can you help me. Greetings and thank you.

MNd30v5
  • David Gugick
    Can you elaborate? The image you posted is not showing up
  • Alvaro Perez
    Sorry David,
    I'm the one with the account, what happens is that I had to create another one because I found the account blocked, I don't know why.

What I mean is this:

foto3.png

as you can see in this photo I have up to 14 versions.

Well, when it comes to recovering, I get an old version and I think ramdon.

foto4.png

My question is, how can I see all the versions I have in order to recover the one I want?

I upload my copies to Amazon S3 also the version I have of cloudberry is 7.0.4.3

Thanks for the help!
  • David Gugick
    What is that screenshot from where you are showing the 706.var file versions? Is it from the S3 directly? If so, do you have S3 Bucket Versioning enabled?

If so, we do not support versioning by cloud providers. You need to use our retention settings to manage multiple versions of files in your backups. You may be able to use CloudBerry Explorer to copy the version you need locally - Explorer will perform a restore if it detects this is one of our Backup files.
  • Alvaro Perez
    Good morning David!

If it is from S3 and I have version control activated.

Should I disable it?

Screenshot-3.png

Do you have a manual for the Cloudberry explorer?

Thanks!
  • Alvaro Perez
    And another thing David,

there would be no way to have version control on both sides in both S3 and CloudBerry?

Greetings and thanks.
  • David Gugick
    We do not support cloud-based versioning. If you want to maintain multiple file versions then you need to use our retention features. Using retention, we will manage all the versions for you as separate objects within the cloud storage. I think I would need to know more about how you're trying to do the backup with the product. What type of backup are you running? Even with versioning enabled on the cloud side we would still maintain the separate versions ourself. That makes me thinks you're either copying files to the cloud or doing some type of backup which doesn't even support our retention. So please be explicit about what type of backup you're running with the product so I can assist.
  • Alvaro Perez
    Good morning David,

normally in S3 I use this tool to be able to make the copies.

Screenshot-4.png

Am I doing the wrong copy with the option I am choosing?

Greetings and thank you.
  • David Gugick
    I need to know what backup options you are using. When you create the backup plan, there are a lot of options. Please refer to this page and tell me which Backup Mode you are using and what Retention settings you are using and also how many Versions of each file you need to keep in backup storage and for how long? https://help.msp360.com/cloudberry-backup/backup/back-up-files-folders
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to MSP360 Forum!

Thank you for visiting! Please take a moment to register so that you can participate in discussions!