• M1Systems
    I recently installed CloudBerry Desktop for Windows on a new machine, purchased an update to my license and successfully allocated it. I want to run an image based backup however I get a dialog that says I need to upgrade my license. It gives Desktop as one of the options which I already have. What am I missing here?

cloudberry.jpg
  • David Gugick
    That edition “Desktop” is an old, legacy edition that did not support image backups. You need Desktop Pro. I would check with sales and ask them about upgrading to Desktop Pro.

https://www.msp360.com/backup/windows.aspx
  • M1Systems
    Does the newer Desktop Pro version have the ability to have backup plans that allow you to do the legacy file backups so I don't have to use the new CloudBerry proprietary file format? I want to have the ability to not have to rely on CloudBerry to restore files and to run my own consistency checks for peace of mind.
  • David Gugick
    Yes. We continue to support the legacy format. But I'm not sure exactly what you mean by proprietary. The legacy format is proprietary as well. You always have to use the product to restore backups. The only exception was a Simple file backup method option which is nothing more than a form of file sync and not backup.
  • M1Systems
    Yeah that's what I'm talking about, the ability to just mirror the files. I don't want to have to rely on proprietary software to retrieve my files in the event of a disaster. Although I would definitely consider that a backup, has saved my bacon before.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment