• Timothy Hilton
    Hi,

I have a Backblaze B2 backup I created on a 2013 macbook air. I've installed CBB 3.2.2.125 on an ubuntu 20.04 machine, and started creating a restore plan. I can successfully get to my bucket, specify the plan name and restore type, but I get an empty list at the next screen ('specify files and folders you want to restore).

Help please!
    -Tim
  • David Gugick
    Are you using the same backup prefix as the original computer? If not you'll need to change it. Check Advanced Settings for the storage account in question.
  • Timothy Hilton
    Not sure. Is there any way to determine the backup prefix without the original computer? That computer is sitting right next to me but its SSD has failed.

The B2 restore setting populated the backup prefix with "Tim-MacBook-Air" in addition to the machine I'm using now; maybe that's it. Selecting that one begins to populate the available files but stops after my dotfiles.

Will the backup prefix accept a wildcard? I have a external HD CBB backup I'd prefer to use. It shows nothing for files to restore either. Changing the prefix to "Tim-MacBook-Air" did not help.
  • David Gugick
    The backup prefix must match exactly. The B2 storage folder in the bucket in question will have the prefix name if you want to check that way.
  • Timothy Hilton
    OK, thanks. It seems to be (very slowly) populating the B2 backup.

The hard disk backup tells me "cannot create a directory in the specified path!" when I try to select the directory on the hard disk. The ubuntu machine I'm on sees the external HD as read-only because it was formatted and written on the Mac. Does Cloudberry need write access to do a restore?
  • Timothy Hilton
    Could there be more than one backup prefix in that B2 directory tree? Is there any way to query possible backup prefix values?

So, Cloudberry has been working for hours now building the directory tree from Backblaze, and the spinning icon has stopped. I still have only roughly half of my files in the list I can select for restoring, and that half does not include the ones I urgently need. I know the whole tree is on see B2 because I can see everything through the B2 web interface. If I download directly from there my files are not usable -- understandable, because cloudberry stores them in a different format than when they're on my disk. That said, this is getting beyond frustrating. I have a failed SSD and after working on it all day cloudberry cannot or will not read my backup and restore it.
  • David Gugick
    The only way a second backup prefix would have been used is if somebody manually changed it on the Mac after the initial backups were performed. But you would see the backup prefix right on B2 in the bucket as I mentioned previously. If you're having trouble restoring, then I'd recommend you open a support case for fastest assistance. It's not easy to diagnose over the form what the actual issue might be. And if this is pressing that you get this restore completed, please open the support case as they can review the logs and see what's going on.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment