• Bill C
    I setup a local MinIO server on the local LAN (ip 10.70.0.141). I'm trying to setup an MSP360 backup to it and not sure what I'm missing
    I add the minio storage in the MSP360 web console- the only place I can add the storage is via the MSP360 web console- it does not see my MinIO storage because it's not available on the web.

I was able to add it - I specify the Access Key & the Secret key
    I specify the HTTP endpoint 10.70.0.141:9000 -> our local IP for the server
    HTTPS endpoint field is blank
    I check both boxes- ignore certificate and Do Not Check credentials

When I go into the MSP360 agent on the Windows server, setup the backup to the MinIO storage, I get the error "The authorization header is malformed; the region is wrong; expecting 'us-midwest-1"

Where do I specify the region- us-midwest-1 ? It doesn't have an option when I create the storage. Anything else I'm missing?
  • David Gugick
    Sounds like a minio configuration issue. I see you're not using HTTPS, which would normally be recommended for encryption, but I doubt that is the reason. Have a look at this post as someone else trying to use minio had reported this issue. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68678953/error-when-configuring-minio-in-c-sharp-the-authorization-header-is-malformed

But I think since you're using managed backup, the best course would be to open up a support case as I'm not able to provide comprehensive minio support on the forums.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment