• Kenneth Frasier
    I am new to this product. I downloaded the free version of the Remote Desktop software. It states it is good for "5 Enpoints". I was curious as to how they were counted. Am I limited to 5 enpoints at a time?, or 5 total? I have a dozen or so family members that need remote assistance occassionally. Will the free version allow me to assist them all if I do it at differnt times?

Thanks!

• David Gugick
    The free version is officially licensed for up to five connections. That's not simultaneous, but as many as. In the current version, you may be able to add more than five remote systems to the address book, but in future versions that may be limited to five. When that newer version is released we'll also be releasing a subscription option for those that need more connections and features but don't have the need for our more advanced, managed remote desktop solution. More information will be forthcoming when that version is ready. In the interim, use the free version and see how it works for you.
  • Kenneth Frasier
    Thanks for the response. For clarificaion, if I give remote assistance to 5 different devices in the course of a month, I am out of endpoints?
  • David Gugick
    not in the current version. I don't recall if the current version limits address book entries to five, but even if it does you can still type in the remote computer ID. As I said there will be changes coming that will encourage those customers who need to connect to more than 5 to upgrade to a not-yet-released paid version, but you should be able to use the current free version to connect to your family.
  • Kenneth FrasierAccepted Answer
    Thanks again.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube