• Natechev
    It doesnt seem to work when I delete a folder with alot of files in it. It just works when I delete files only which deleting a folder with files in it also does. Would be nice if it reported that too.
  • David Gugick

Just trying to understand what you're saying.

As an example:
    * You are backing up C:\Users\UserName
    * You delete a file that has already been backed up called C:\Users\UserName\My Documents\MyFile1.DOCX
    * You get a delete warning the next backup
    * But if you delete an embedded folder C:\Users\UserName\My Documents\HomeStuff that has already been backed up, you do not get a delete warning for the folder or any files in that folder?
  • Natechev
    Correct. Tested it in the Pictures directory too. It will show warnings for files deleted in folders and sub folders. If I delete a folder itself not warnings. IDK if that's just me or not.
  • Natechev
    Is this a bug? Anyone else exp this? Will it be fixed I really like the warning option. It would be nice if It could email me about it too.
  • David Gugick
    Yes I was able to confirm that it's a known issue. I believe what's actually happening is that the folder may not be scheduled for purge, which is why the purge warning is not showing. But support would have to get a closer look at your logs if you feel like submitting them from the tools diagnostic toolbar option. The team's going to report back to me when they have more information and a planned resolution, but I recommend opening a support case anyway for better tracking at your end.
  • Natechev
    I sent a message using the diagnostics button in CB. I enabled high logs and went through a scenario that shows the problem. I hope it gets a fix.
  • Natechev
    It's still an issue. I know it isnt high priority probably but would be nice to have that option working in case of accidental deletion.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment