• m3110w
    I have some directories with many sub-directories. I only want to backup a few of the sub-directories. Is there a way to one-click deselect all the sub-directories and then select only the few I want?
    Is there a way to highlight (make blue) multiple sub-directories and then select or deselect them?
    Right now I have to manually deselect all the sub-directories I don't want.
    If this feature does not exist, could you add it?
    How do I put in a feature request?
  • David Gugick
    Have you tried unchecking the parent directory, so all subdirectories are also unchecked, and then selectively checking the subdirectories you want to backup?
  • m3110w
    I saw that trick but assumed that if the parent was unchecked, none of the subs will get backed up even if they're checked. But it looks like they do get backed up. This is weird, non-standard behavior. Unchecked directories clearly should mean that no children are selected (please correct this). And, anyway I still have to select or deselect everything one by one (tedious!).

I request standard behavior where any number of directories or files can be highlighted (made blue) using standard shift and ctrl key selection actions and then be checked or unchecked en mass. Could that improvement be made? Thx.

I'd also like to see the "Edit Backup Plan" wizard compressed into fewer screens.

In spite of its weirdness and flaws, I'm happy to be using CloudBerry Backup. Much. much easier to use than the CLI tools.
  • David Gugick
    In my experience, I think it's pretty standard behavior. By checking a subdirectory you put the parent directory in a semi-selected state. In Windows this should normally show up as gray in color somewhere in between checked and unchecked to indicate that not everything below the parent is selected. I don't recall how it looks in Linux. Please post an image if the selection of a subdirectory does not somehow change the selected state of the parent. Thanks for the feedback.
  • m3110w
    Thanks for the reply. See my response in the image. Can these issues be fixed? Thx.
    f0ogmlbfmxjhuwuu.png
  • David Gugick
    I will pass this information to the team and add it to the system and hopefully it can be addressed. Thanks for your feedback
  • m3110w
    Sure. Thanks for your responsiveness. In spite of the issues, Cloudberry Backup is working well for me.

Being able to easily highlight and select/deselect multiple items would be super cool! :-) Cheers! :smile:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment