• BackupFan
    Hello all,

I just wanted to post and see if anyone has gotten to try the new 7.5.1 Backup Agent version, and what experiences people have had so far.
    The release notes only say that it contains minor bug fixes.
  • Steve Putnam
    Backup Fan
    Summary: I believe that the major fix is to make the New Backup Format retention/purge settings work the way they were supposed to in the last release. When we run a synthetic full, and it completes successfully, the prior synthetic full can now be purged and we can end up with only one version/generation in cloud storage. I tested it and it works.
    Detail:
    We do weekly new-format synthetic fulls to BackBlaze B2 of all client VHDx and Images files. We only need the latest generation kept, but even though we set the retention to 1 day, the purge process did not delete the prior weeks full. This resulted in two weeks of fulls being kept, effectively doubling our storage requirements compared to the legacy format, which allowed us to keep only one version with no problem. The new format Synthetic fulls are such a massive improvement ( runtime-wise) that it was still worth it, but this is now fixed.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment