• Bruce Tyson
    MSP360 wants me to pay $500 for the privilege of finding out how to get the "Activation Code" for Remote Desktop for Mac OS.

Can someone just tell me how to get the code? I've attached a screenshot to illustrate the place where I'm stuck during the Remote Desktop installation on Mac.

cant-install-remote-desktop-on-MacOS-2022-05-29_09-38-34.png
  • David Gugick
    You can use your email or use the code. The code is on the download page when you download the agent from the web site. If you missed it, you can probably use the email you used when registering. Or download again and note the code.
  • Bruce Tyson
    Thanks for your response, David.

I've posted here screenshots that show the sequence of events when I attempt to install Connect for Mac.

I'm baffled at what the solution might be.
    Attachments
    connect step 1 no code 2022-05-30_18-26-46 (134K)
    connect step 2 download connect for mac 2022-05-30_18-27-38 (120K)
    connect step 3 no activation code 2022-05-30_18-29-05 (90K)
  • David Gugick
    You're using Managed Connect? My apologies. I was confused and thought you were using Free/Pro. Ignore my previous statement.

I do not know why you are receiving an Activation Code message with Managed Connect. Are you saying you reached out to Support and could not get an answer? I'll check internally, but you are a paying managed customer and I'm not clear on why you were unable to get a resolution from the support team.
  • David Gugick
    In the meantime though, have you just tried using your email you use to log into the management console?
  • David Gugick
    According to the team, you can use any email. So, you can use the email you used when registering for Managed Backup / managed Connect in that dialog.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment