• Gary mcnamara
    Hi
    Just wondering if the following is possible with msp360?

I have a VM running server 2019 and am thinking of restoring it to a decent hardware box
    Can MSP360 image his VM server and restore successfully to local hardware box?
    IF so

Is there a good chance of it working ?

What licenses do I need to accomplish that?

many thanks
  • IvanS
    Hi ,

Could you please try the following scenario:
    1. Install a Backup application on that virtual machine
    2. Make an Image-based backup
    3. Create a bootable USB drive to run a restore of that virtual machine image to a local hardware box.
    For more information about creating a UBS drive and restoring to dissimilar hardware, please visit
    https://www.msp360.com/resources/blog/how-to-create-a-bootable-usb-for-windows-server/

To test it out, you can use a trial Server license.

Please feel free to create a support ticket in our support department if you require additional assistance.
  • Gary mcnamara
    many thanks Ivan Ill give that a go
    regards
  • Gary mcnamara
    Hi, I created an image backup, I created the bootable iso, I booted from the iso, I have unlocked the backup on bootup and I have the bare metal recovery screen open, however I have no mouse or keyboard working, it allowed me type the encryption password and the caps locks toggles on and off but I cannot select the bare metal recovery option? what can I do...ive rebooted and same thing..? thanks
    Attachment
    WhatsApp Image 2022-06-23 at 9.22.11 PM (104K)
  • David Gugick
    No keyboard functions are working at all? Have you tried TAB and ENTER? Is this a wired keyboard?
  • Gary mcnamara
    tks-yes enter definitely doesnt work...not sure about tab...will try that again now shortly, caps lock toggles on and off and gives a screen notification...but stuck and cannot proceed...
  • David Gugick
    I would try unplugging the keyboard and plugging back in when on the BMR screen. Also, try using a wired mouse if you have one (assuming you're not already using one). If all else fails, I can reach out to Support (or you can open a Support Case yourself).
  • Gary mcnamara
    Got it working guys, for some reason it didnt like the raid setup in the fujitsu server, its only raid 0 so I switched it off and ran the disk standalone..and the restore proceeded and worked...it must not have liked the raid card drivers or something...
  • David Gugick
    Thanks for the update. If you have further questions, please let me know.
  • Gary mcnamara
    Will do thanks David, Im going to run the restore again with a more recent backup on Thursday, just wondering is there any how to docs on installing the raid drivers? I dont need it this time around but might be handy to have for future reference..tks again
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment