• Joe
    Double clicking on setup exe (run as administrator) nothing happens. Is there a minimum spec o/s? please
  • Sergey
    Can you try running the executable from cmd? We've seen this happening on varius older OS like WIn2003 and other.
  • Julia
    Currently supported OS:
    Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016
    Windows Server 2008/2012 R2
    Windows 7/8/10

System requirements
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1,
    1.4 GHz 64-bit processor,
    512 MB RAM, 100 MB minimum disk space,
    Gigabit (10/100/1000baseT) Ethernet adapter

We are going to update the product page with this information.
  • Joe
    cmd prompt did the trick - I got a screen saying UAC stops some progs from statrting but [Continue] then started the install (asking me to install .net) > ....
  • Joe
    ok - installed now but when I try to run I get an error message " The application has failed to start because its side by side configeration is incorrect. see application log... :-(
  • Joe
    event log..
    Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\CloudBerryLab\CloudBerry Remote Assistant\CloudBerry Remote Assistant.exe". The setting http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings^autoElevate is not registered.
  • Joe
    maybe it just wont work on windows vista - which is a shame :-(
  • HarryB
    Hey ,

The issue should be about the .NET incompatibility, we require .NET 4.5.1, please check that you got it installed or reinstall it (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40779)

Please let me know if it doesn't help
  • Bruce Lacey
    Hi,
    Had a similar problem with Windows Server 2008 Standard. Had all the right C++ and NET software installed. Still broken. I added autoElevate string with the value xsd:string to the Registry and it worked!

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SMI\WinSxS Settings\x86_microsoft-windows-settings_31bf3856ad364e35_none_025c648fcaefab55\6.0.6001.18000\Settings]
    "autoElevate"="xsd:string"
  • Sergey N
    Hello Bruce,

Thank you very much for your investigation and solution. We will try to replicate in our test lab. Cheers!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment