• Kathy R
    I have CBRA 2.2.0.47 installed on four computers, both Win 8 and Win 10. I have a custom password set for each computer. When I try to connect from my host computer to a remote computer I am asked for a PIN (which changes whenever CBRA is restarted). I do not have an option to connect using the custom password.

This is driving me nuts and making the program completely unusable. I have to be at the remote computer to check the PIN in order to connect to it from my host computer, which may be miles away. Any ideas why this may be happening?
  • AllenCherry
    I have the same situation - When I create my own 'custom password' on the remote computer, I cannot connect to it without using the PIN.
    Or is it only the 'custom password' that is generated by the program that is acceptable to CBRA?
    If so, why is there the option to enter your own password?
  • Sergey N
    Hello and you can enter the Custom Password instead of PIN and everything will go normally, as we mentioned in our blog post this is an alternative to dynamic PIN. However, we are grateful to you for bringing it up, we will improve the UI in this case, the corresponding feature-request is already created. Thank you.
  • Kathy R
    No, I cannot enter either my Microsoft password (the one that usually opens the computer when it starts), or my custom password. The only thing allowed is the PIN. There is no option to enter any thing but the PIN. If I try entering my password in that field I cannot connect.
  • AllenCherry
    Dear Sergey N,
    I think that you have misunderstood the messages about the custom password.
    We DO understand that you CAN enter a custom password instead of a PIN, BUT everything does not 'go normally'. You cannot log-on remotely by entering the custom password that was set up on the remote computer.
    The feature is there, but it does not appear to work.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment