• Kathy R
    I'm using CBRA v2.2.0.47 on both the host computer and remote computer. When using "unattended access" and I try to sign in to the remote computer I am given two options - sign in with Windows Password or PIN. I have a custom password set up for both machines, but I am not given that option.

When I try to sign in with my windows password, I get the following error:
    Connection to xxx xxx xxx
    Remote Assistant start failed on remote computer, force quitting running application instances has failed.
    OK

Clicking OK closes Remote Assistant on the remote computer. This behavior is reproduced every time I try to sign in with my Windows password.

I can sign in with the PIN, but it changes every time RA is restarted, making it useless if the program closes on an error like the one above.

So, two questions: Why am I never given the option to sign in with my custom password? And, why am I getting the error above when I try to sign in with my Windows password?
  • Sergey N
    Hello,

Let's make sure that we are on the same page, please navigate to the Main Menu -- Diagnostic -- Mention this Forum thread and press Send. Thank you.
  • Kathy R
    Reposting this as I have not received a reply. Is anyone else having this problem, and hopefully, have solved it?

When trying to connect to a remote computer with it's custom password set, I have two problems.

1) I am never given the option to use the custom password. The only options available are to use the windows password or the PIN

2) If I use the Windows Password I am given the following error:
    "Remote Assistant start failed on remote computer, force quitting running applications instances has failed." The only option available is to click the "OK" button, closing the program on the remote computer.

This necessitates me physically going to the remote computer and restarting Remote Assistant, getting a new PIN, which is reset EVERY time the program starts, going back to the host computer and starting all over again. This makes the program at best annoying and a time sink if I happen to be in the same building as the remote computer, and at worst totally useless I don't have physical access to the remote computer.

I have referenced this under the "windows password not working" forum post on September 16th, and sent a diagnostic log, as requested, shortly after that. I have just sent a new diagnostic log. Still awaiting a reply.
  • Kathy R
    I posted this question 14 days ago and Sergey asked for a diagnostic log. I sent one shortly after that. Now, two weeks later, and having the same problem, I sent a new log, and have received this message via email:

"Hello,

We support only commercial licenses via ticket system. It seems that you are using the freeware version of CloudBerry Lab product.

If you need help, want to ask a question or start a discussion please refer to our forum. Thank you for your concern!"

I realize I am using the free version and I needed to post on the forums, which I did, but the log was requested! Will the whole forum post be ignored simply because I haven't paid for the pro version?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment