• TONY SMITH
    Hi,
    Is there a way to backup or save remote computer details? As an example my PC crashed this morning and apparently that's caused Remote Assistant to forget all details of any hosts that I used to be able to connect to. Now they're inaccessible until I can arrange local access to get the computer ID and key.

I wasn't expecting these to be deleted by now that I know it happens there needs to be a way to keep backups of that information.
  • Steve Wasiura
    hello,
    the list of server recently connected to is stored in \Program Data\CloudBerryLab\Cloudberry Remote Assistant\RASettings.xml

you can back up that file to an cloud storage in case of a crashed computer etc.
  • TONY SMITH
    Thanks. That folder is completely empty on my PC. But there is a file
    c:\ProgramData\Remote Assistant\RaSettings.xml

Once I get my connections reinstated I'll look and see whether that file gets updated, or whether a new file is created in the currently empty folder
  • Anton Zorin
    , that's an interesting enhancement request, I'll pass it on to the product team.
    Thanks
  • TONY SMITH
    My install has lost its saved sessions once again. I need to look at how to make sure it's backed up in some way. Would you consider as ability to choose where settings are saved as a future option? Another option would be to save backups of the settings file each time the application exits.
  • Sergey N
    Hello Tony,

Thank you for suggesting it, we will discuss those features on the next development meeting.
  • will moloney
    Hi , I have changed PC's and wanted to copy the database over but I cannot see the RASsettings.xml on the old PC. Any other ideas for the previous connections log?
  • Sergey N
    Try checking out C:\ProgramData\Remote Assistant
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube