• George Toma
    Hello, using Explorer for Google Drive. I have reinstalled my WIndows and now I have reinstalled Explorer for Google Drive, but when I try to link with my GD, there is a scripting error. This scripting error was present also in the past but clicking Yes resolved the issue. Now it does not.

First after trying to link account first error appears, I click YES to cintinue runnings cripts. Then I confirm email address, second error appears, I click YES to continue running scripts, the finally a screen appears to allow linking between Explorer for GD and the GD itself, but because of scripting issue I am unable to click ALLOW and complete the linking process.

Please check what's wrong.

Q4PXv40.png

ekDiote.png

sZHhUOW.png
    Attachments
    Scripting Error 1 (33K)
    Scripting Error 2 (36K)
    Scripting Error 3 (56K)
  • George Toma
    I attach the log file
    Attachment
    cloudberry.log (4K)
  • Rutger
    I have the same issue, very annoying. Windows 10
  • Matt

That's a known issue our R&D is working on.

For now please use Service Account authentication as a workaround. Here's a guide from Google that should help with the setup.

Here's the part you need.

Note that we do not officially support Google Drive anymore, so this workaround is applicable to Google Cloud and not Drive.
  • George Toma
    Another backup software resolved this apparently very same issue this way:

Changelog:
    Google Drive account configuration: authentication is now through the default browser and no longer through an embedded window of Internet Explorer (which Google no longer considers secure and therefore blocks).
    ..... this is the problem... Google now blocks embedded Internet Explorer
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet