• Simon Ross
    I have a Google Cloud account with a large amount of data. I wanted to store it in an offline external hard drive and still be able to access the data as needed on my external drive.

I downloaded the Google bucket directly to the external hard drive from the Google Cloud using GSUTIL.

I now want to link the downloaded files to the Google Cloud bucket with very specific rules.

The problem arises when trying to use Cloudberry when I try to link my Google Cloud account and the already downloaded files. It points to the Google Cloud fine but then wants to redownload the data files even though I already have them stored in my external hard drive.

Is there a way to link the already downloaded files taken from a specific Google Cloud bucket and link them back to the bucket without mapping a new location and redownloading. This is a large amount of data so I really don't want to redownload.

Appreciate any thoughts.
  • David Gugick
    Can you clarify what product you're using? Is it Drive?
  • Simon Ross
    Google Cloud Platform
  • Simon Ross
    Wondered if there was any thoughts on this
  • David Gugick
    cloudberry drive is designed to expose cloud storage as local storage or a network share. We don't mirror the entire cloud environment. There is a cache and some files might be local, but the product will adjust the cache as needed. I'll have to check with the team to see if there's any way to leverage files that are already stored in the cloud.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment