• Roger Averdahl
    At the moment i am using the trial version of MSP360 Explorer. After some testing i decided to start uploading files to my Azure account and everything worked as a charm and i will buy the software.

I did enable Encryption for all uploads and thinked that the files will be encrypted during upload and thats it. I thought that once the file land on Azure MSP360 Explorer would de-crypt the file. This was not the case. Now i realize that all files i have uploaded are encrypted, so if i use a web browser to download directly from Azure the file/s will be worthless since they are encrypted. That can mean trouble.

For safety this is good but i realized that in a disaster moment without having acces to MSP360 Explorer and the encryption key it will indeed be a disaster. Let´s say that MSP360 goes out of business... I did notice that when encryption is enabled the UI has the yellow triangle and the text confirming that it is ON and now i realize why it warn me.

• So, for me as an individual user with no business critical data to back up, what are the risk if not using encryption when uploading files?
    • If i go to File > Export Settings, are the Encryption password exported as well?
    • If i go to File > Import Settings, will the Encryption password imported as well?
    • What are the main pros and cons with encryption?

I am a new user to MSP360 Explorer, so be kind to me! :)
  • Matt
    So, for me as an individual user with no business critical data to back up, what are the risk if not using encryption when uploading files?Roger Averdahl
    Well, the main drawback is that unencrypted files can be accessed by someone/something else if handled incorrectly.

If i go to File > Export Settings, are the Encryption password exported as well?
    If i go to File > Import Settings, will the Encryption password imported as well?
    Roger Averdahl

Yes, encryption settings will be saved in a config file in an encrypted state.

What are the main pros and cons with encryption?Roger Averdahl
    I guess I answered that question already, but the main advantage is more security in general, and the main disadvantage is that you won't be able to access the data if you lost the encryption password.
  • Michael Senter
    I thought that once the file land on Azure MSP360 Explorer would decrypt the file. This was not the case. Now I realize that all files I have uploaded are encrypted, so if I use a web browser to download directly from womens white wool coat
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment