• Steve LaPha
    I have been asked if the MSP360 backup is considered an "Air Gapped" backup. Obviously we are storing the backup offsite and the offsite storage is not physically connected to the server. That brings up another question... if a hacker gains access to the server, what prevents them from opening the backup console and deleting the existing backups?
  • David Gugick
    With Advanced Rebranding, you can disable the Agent to avoid anyone from accessing information locally. You can also disable the ability to delete files from the Storage tab in a backup agent (assuming you wanted to keep the agent enabled and simply prevent deletions from backup storage). You can also do things like disable editing of backup / restore plans in the agent. I think with those options, you can consider cloud backups air-gapped. If you have additional questions, let me know.
  • Santander
    No, it's not air gapped. An air gapped destination is neither connected to the Internet or to a local network.

For example a backup on an USB disk in a security vault without any cables attached to a computer is air gapped.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment