• BackupFan
    I have a question. We are still a bit new to MSP360 and are working on transferring our computers over to MSP360. The trial licenses are beginning to expire on some of our computers, so we are purchasing licenses when the trial license gets close to expiring. However, there are a couple of computers that we purchased trial licenses for yesterday, but today those computers are saying that their licenses expire tomorrow. So my question is, will these licenses automatically renew themselves on the first of the month (tomorrow)? Also, will the fact that the license expires tomorrow cause the backups for these machines to stop working?
    Thank you
  • David Gugick
    In the Management Console - Settings - General, there is an option called "Automatic exchange of expired license with available". If checked, I think that should do what you need. But, I will confirm with the team.
  • BackupFan
    Thank you for your response David. However, under Settings on the Management Console, I don't see a General tab.
  • David Gugick
    In the MBS console there is a Settings menu and the first item under it is General.
  • BackupFan
    Ah, I see it now. I was logged in as the wrong user.
    So if "Automatic exchange of expired license with available" is checked, there shouldn't be any danger of our backups being interrupted by licenses expiring?
  • David Gugick
    According to Support that option does not have to be set for trial licenses and they will simply pull from the global or company pool (depending on how you set up licensing), but I'd leave it enabled anyway to avoid other expired licenses from losing access.
  • BackupFan
    I see. Thank you for your help!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube