• RtheC
    I updated to the latest version on two of my machines and both are doing the exact same thing.

I run the program, can verify it is "running" via taskmanager, but there is no window for it. I run the program again and get the message "Remote Assistant is already running"

I remove the program, rebooted, reinstalled and the same thing. I'm not at the point where I can't even use the program and am unsure what to try next.
  • David Gugick
    Maybe the app is rendering off the screen for some reason. Kill it from Task Manager. Run it from the Start Menu, but do not touch the mouse or keyboard until you're sure the app is loaded. Press ALT + SPACE and then click M. That will activate the Move option for the main window. Then use the ARROW NAV KEYS on your keyboard. Try all of them and see if you can bring it into focus of your desktop. If you do, close the app immediately and then try re-launching.

If that does not work, the engineering team will need to see the logs, so open a support case using the main menu - Diagnostic option.

Also, make sure you are testing without any command-line arguments.
  • RtheC

It took a few tries, but that ended up working on both machines - it also restored the taskbar icons. Very odd having that happen on both computers after that update.

Thank you!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet