• Bert
    On LINUX Mint 20 the window size of MSP360 is to big. It seems it does not recognize the settings of teh Cinnamon desktop. When I try to readjust it does nothing. The size indicated is 680*844, my screen resolution is 1920*1080. So it should fit. But the MSP360 window is bigger than my desktop and as stated cannot be resized at all. So parts of the screen are not visble. Please help.
  • David Gugick
    What do you have your Cinnamon 4.6 DPI Scaling set to? If you go to Display Settings - Layout, have a look at the zoom level. I know there is an open issue with high DPI settings causing the scaling issue with the UI you are seeing. You could try to lower the zoom level and see if that addresses the issue. We'll at least be able to confirm that is the cause even if you have to increase it to the original value so you can easily see the UI elements.
  • Bert
    David. I have checked my settings for Display. Currently they are as below:
    Resolution; 1920*1080 (recommended)
    Fractional scaling: 100%
    Scaling of USerenvironment: 1x
    With above settings the issue occurs. Next I have lowered the fractional scaling to 75%. Now it fits, but still the window is far to large for the DPI mentioned 852*642 when scaling to minimum size. However I can see the overall window, so it is usable. But still this is not very nice handled. I tried several settings. But still the windows size of MSP360 is far to large compared to the settings of the laptop. I would expect that is the windowsize of MSP is 852*642 it consumes about 25% of my screen, but is consumes about 80% of the screen in both situations. Is this teh same in Ubuntu 20.04?
  • David Gugick
    You will need to open a support case. The team will have to investigate what is causing the issue. Click the Feedback option to submit the logs. Thanks.
  • Bert
    David, thanks for the respons. I have sned the feedback. Hopefully it will be fixed as I want to swith to the paid version if it works fien for me.
  • David Gugick
    Do you have a Support Ticket #?
  • Bert
    because I am using the freeware version I cannot log a support ticket. The feedback does not work because the underlying email adresses are not valid.
  • David Gugick
    Can you clarify what version you are using and what error you're getting when using the feedback option?
  • Bert
    Email error:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
    Delivery to the following recipients failed.

Furthermore: I use version 3.0.2.122.

And I have tried on Xubuntu. Same result.
  • David Gugick
    Here's an alternative method for creating the log files:
    https://help.msp360.com/cloudberry-backup-mac-linux/cli/sending-logs

Please open the ticket here and let the support rep know about the forum post and that you want to submit logs:
    https://www.msp360.com/support/create-ticket.aspx?prod=backup
  • Bert
    David. This case is registered. Hopefully this will lead to a solution.
    Case #: 00009601
    Subject: Window Sizing issue on Linux Mint 20 and Xubuntu 20.04
  • Bert
    David,

I have solved the issue by adding the line "export QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=0" to the file /opt/local/CloudBerry Backup/bin/cbbGui and /opt/local/CloudBerry Backup/bin/cbbgui. The first did not do anything, however adding it to the second one (without the Capital G) did the trick.Maybe the team should aadtus by default to the installation files.

Regards Bert
  • David Gugick
    I'll let the team know. Thanks for the update!
  • Bert
    Welcome
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube