• ceetee
    Cloudberry Desktop - 6.3.2.212

In the last couple of days, my file-based backup to a local storage in running so slow that it never completes - the admin panel reporting an estimated time to run of 9 years...

However, at the same time my Image-Based Backup to the same Local Storage is running as normal, so the problem is isolated to the File-Based backup and it suddenly started this behavior for no obvious reason.

The Local Storage device is an external HDD in a USB-3.1-G2 enclosure, connected to a USB-3.1-G2 PCI card, and I can do very fast transfers of large files to the device, so apparently not a hardware issue.

I have run chkdsk to make sure there are no issues with file corruption at the O/S level.

The only AV running is Windows Defender, and I've checked that no settings have changed, although the fact that image-based backups are working would suggest this not an issue.

Obviously, in these days where software vendors all do automatic updates, I can't rule anything out, but I'm not aware of any changes to the Windows-10 (19041.450) computer this is running on.

Where to start troubleshooting the problem?
  • David Gugick
    Fastest Way to solve this is to open a support case using the Tools Diagnostic toolbar option. The logs should help identify the reason. Reference this post when submitting.

The only thing you may want to check in advance is Logging in Options to ensure you don't have it set to High. If so, set to Low.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment