• unusedusername
    Fair's fair, this is microsoft's problem, but I've noticed that the pointless error "There's a problem with the clipboard, but you can still paste your content within this workbook." is posted in Excel when remote assist is running. I can appreciate it would want the clipboard when there is an active session, but might it be possible to release it when idle?
  • David Gugick
    I see this error and many complaints about it on the internets. Seems the solution varies depending on installed software. I do not see this message referenced in our system - I'll add your comments. How have you determined remote desktop is the reason the clipboard error triggering?

Either way, can you provides the steps to reproduce and include the OS and Excel version?

Thanks.
  • unusedusername
    Cheers. It's no massive deal, but had been frustrating me for some time until I understood the cause.

OS 10x64 Pro 1909 Build 18363.1082
    Excel 2016 x64 MSO 16.0.12430.20172 (Live preview disabled)
    i7 8550u 32GB Asus machine

Steps to reproduce (100% reproducible on my system)
    Start Excel. Invoke a clipboard transaction, succeeds.
    Start Remote assist. Return to excel, invoke a clipboard transaction, pointless error message.
    Stop Remote assist. Return to excel, invoke a clipboard transaction, succeeds.

Noted that other office apps (checked word/outlook) don't respond in a similar manner.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment