• Jon Beets
    0
    After I installed v7.0, my existing backup plan errored with 'The specified path is invalid'. Looking into the log file I could see the error occurred when the backup was creating a folder on the NAS, using the modified date, with the folder not created, and then a subsequent process errored, as the excerpt in the attached file demonstrates. I mentioned in the case that the modified date displayed is not using the region settings, i.e. MM/dd rather than dd/MM, and the time is GMT (UTC+0) rather than AEST (UTC+10), however this could be sloppy programming in writing the log file, rather than associated with the bug. And the time was also displayed incorrectly in 6.3, which of course was working.

    I was advised in the case that this error backing up to a NAS was a known problem! :angry:

    I have created a new backup plan using the new format today, and it has completed successfully. I will try a new backup plan with the old format, to see if that works or not later!

    Has anyone upgraded to V7.0 with existing backup plans and using a NAS as the destination, and the backups are working?

    Also I have been informed in two cases now that the problems I reported are known. Do MSP360 report these known problems somewhere public? :brow:

    Jon
    Attachment
    Failed v7.0 - working v6.3.txt (5K)
  • Dan H
    0
    Thanks for confirming that I'm not crazy! Exact same issue here. I wish I could just revert to the previous version to get my backups running again. I hope they fix this soon.
  • Jon Beets
    0
    Hi Dan. MSP360 (Mike) has updated the case I created with fixed in 7.0.1! :smile:
  • Dan H
    0
    Great news! Any ETA?
  • James Joy
    1
    Have this issue as well on the 2 servers I upgraded to 7.0.

    Only seems to affect the SQL and image backups as the continuous back we have running to the same NAS server is running fine, it is the nightly image backup that fails.
  • Jon Beets
    0
    Thanks @James Joy. I was running an image backup.

    @Dan H Unfortunately not. My case was closed as Unresolved as I had not sent in the logs, so I will not even get a notification of when it will be fixed.
  • James Joy
    1


    I have just opened a support case and emailed them the logs. Will update if I hear anything.
  • James Joy
    1
    I think we have a solution. Seems to have worked on the test backups I have done but need to let the nightly ones run to confirm.

    From the Tools menu, select Change Service Account and set this as the local administrator. Seems to correct the issue.
  • Dan H
    0
    Thanks James. Not really a solution, as that's a security risk, but a workaround nonetheless.
  • Dan H
    0
    I can confirm that switching the account to a local administrator account worked for me as well, with a forced backup. I also haven't yet let the scheduled run, though I don't anticipate any issues.

    Still, I'll apply the update to the fixed version when available, and change the account back.
  • James Joy
    1
    The scheduled backups worked for me last night so I will update the support ticket according but await a proper fix.
  • Dan H
    0
    Yep, same here.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
quote
ulist
image
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to MSP360 (CloudBerry) Forum!

Thank you for visiting! Please take a moment to register so that you can participate in the discussions!