• Casper
    Hi,

I'm having issues restoring a file from an encrypted image based backup. I can access the File Level Restore dialog using the "Restore Encrypted Files" password just fine. However, after selecting the files to restore and running the job I get a Code:2000 Invalid decryption error. Surely these passwords are the same??

I just updated to 7.0

Thanks
  • David Gugick
    Some terminology clarification: If you are using an image-based backup, then there are no file-level backups performed, as is. The entire image and subsequent incremental backups are encrypted as blocks of data. But you can restore files from image-based backups using the same encryption password used for the image backup.

Clarification questions:
    1. Are you using the new backup file format? Or, is this a pre-7.0 image backup plan that you simply continued to use in the 7.0 version?
    2. Did you initiate the restore from the Backup Storage tab and then right-clicking the image backup and selecting the "File Level Restore" option? If not, and you used a Restore Plan or browsed Backup Storage using Drive Letters instead of the "Image Based" folder, then you are trying to restore files that were backed up using a File-Backup Plan and would need to specify the encryption password for that plan - which may be different than your image backup plan.

Thanks. I'll wait for your response.
  • Casper
    Hi David,
    Thanks for your reply. Yes, I right clicked an Image Backup in the Backup Storage tab and selected the "File Level Restore" option. As expected it then asks for the encryption password, accepts it and shows the File Level explorer. I select the file I want restored and the restore job is created. Once I run it, I get the Code 2000 error with an option to enter the correct password. But it doesn't accept it. It's indeed a pre-7.0 image backup that I'm running on v7 (on an Azure cloud). I just installed it today so the existing backups were made with v6.x.
  • David Gugick
    And you are positive you have the correct passkey used for encryption? If so, I will recommend you open a support case using the Tools | Diagnostic toolbar option - do this immediately after trying a restore. Please mention this post in the submission and also make sure to say that I instructed you to open a support case. I will reach out to support from my end.
  • Casper
    Well the passkey it needs to show me the contents of the image on a file level is surely the same passkey that it needs to actually do a file level restore, no? I made a video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/MHWkt5vHHsDKGap36
  • David Gugick
    That's correct. They passkey is needed to start the restore.
  • David Gugick
    The Support team is waiting for the ticket. Please open as soon as possible so they can investigate. Thanks.
  • Casper
    Done. Case #: 00044604
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to MSP360 (CloudBerry) Forum!

Thank you for visiting! Please take a moment to register so that you can participate in the discussions!