• lilnix
    I have CloudBerry Ultimate that I run daily. My schedule shows Full backup every 7 days and incremental backup every 1 day.

I want to make sure items deleted from the folders I backup are *not* deleted from backup.

I cannot uncheck full backup (aka incremental backup, which is VERY weird) without also disabling block level backup.

How do I ensure that my locally deleted files are not deleted on the backup?

Thanks so much
  • David Gugick
    Those options you mentioned are not related to keeping locally deleted files. You didn't mention the product version or the type of backup you are running, so I'll just assume it's a File Backup on 6.x. If you're using a different backup or are using 7.0, then please clarify and, in addition, if you're on 7.0 let me know if you are using the new backup format.

Set the Retention Policy in the backup plan, rather than setting in Global Options. Uncheck the option for "Delete Files that have been Deleted Locally" and that should prevent any local files from ever being removed from backup storage. As an alternative, you can use the option with the delay to prevent those locally deleted files from being removed, for say 90 days.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment