• MtnRanch
    I there a way to pause a backup, reboot the machine, and resume? I have a very large backup running and also need to restart my machine to complete another process. I hate to lose the three days of backup that has already occurred and don't want to way several days for it to complete before I can restart the system
  • David Gugick
    What version are you using (6.x or 7.x) and what type of backup are you running (file, image, virtual, etc)?
  • MtnRanch
    That was quick! I'm running 6.x but can upgrade to 7.x if there is good reason to. I'm running a file backup to Wasabi
  • David Gugick
    File backups will continue from where they left off. You can stop the backup, wait for it to stop, then reboot, and start up the backup manually or wait for the next schedule as needed. No need to upgrade.
  • MtnRanch
    Once this backup ends, I'll try a test of that but a previous attempt had failed. Thanks for your help

I can understand why an image backup can't be resumed like that.
  • David Gugick
    We can actually resume an image backup, but in order to do so, there cannot be any changes to the blocks already backed up - and sometimes that's not possible because the system ran for some time before the backup resumed.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment