• Richard G
    If I understand correctly, the backup process stores everything locally before uploading to the cloud. My first backup plan is currently running, and is using a huge amount of temporary storage, and I am worried that I am running out.

When the backup started a few days ago, the 1 TB partition had about 500G free and 500G used. Of the used portion, I selected about 400G to be backed up. The temporary storage for Cloudberry is on the same partition, but with 500G free, and less than that to back up, I thought there would be no problem.

However, the backup is still running, and still has a way to go. Currently the proportion of used space is up to 86%, and only 142G remain available.

I am afraid I will run out of space before it is finished.

Will it exhaust all storage and crash the system, or will it at some point start uploading to the cloud? I hope the product doesn't use more space than is available on the virtual disk.

Also, how is it possible that the amount of Cloudberry temporary storage exceeds the amount used by the files to be backed up? Most of the files are plain text and PDFs, therefore much of that could be compressed.

Rich
  • David Gugick
    This is being tracked on the other thread.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment