• Dre
    I just bought Cloudberry and wanted to test its features. The new backup format says it will eventually be the default. I created a backup to Backblaze. But where are my files? I did a backup but it seems to just backup part files that I cannot open. I can restore files from the app, but i don't see the actual files in my bucket, just what look like part files. Is this just a beta thing or will this format eventually let you backup the actual files?
  • David Gugick
    Backups are always in a proprietary format. Just because you cannot see individual files by reviewing the raw bucket data, doesn't mean the files are not there. The new format groups files into a smaller number of total files to speed up backups and restores and provide the infrastructure for additional future enhancements around retention.

You cannot open files directly from storage, even using the original backup format (unless you were using Simple Mode, which does not encrypt or compress files and simply stores them as is). To review files, you should use the Backup Storage tab and you'll see everything. If you prefer the older format, you can continue to use it.
  • Dre
    Do you know if simple mode will be in the new format? I don't mind the proprietary format, but i'd hate to see features removed. And I'd like the option of both like in the current format.
  • David Gugick
    as far as I'm aware we are not planning to deprecate the original format. So simple mode will stick around. Simple mode will not work with the new format but that won't be an issue for you if the old format remains. Simple mode is not really backup -it's more like file replication.
  • Dre
    Yeah I understand, just wanted to know. Thanks for the reply. :smile:
  • Paul Storic
    Any idea when the new format will be out of beta?
  • David Gugick
    We are hoping to have it ready in May.
  • Paul Storic
    Thanks. Then the process would be to create a new storage bucket in B2 and start fresh with the new format?
  • David Gugick
    I do not think you'll need a new bucket, but there is no harm in doing so and it would keep the backup data (old and new) separated. Either way, we will post collateral and videos once things are ready explaining everything for our customers. Thanks.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment